OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had this problem for a few months at first I went to…

Customer Question
Ok so I have had...
Ok so I have had this problem for a few months at first I went to the doctor and we thought I had a uti treated it and it went away then after me and my husband had sex and I got really swollen and then started itching and burning so I done anoth urine test and no uti we sent it off for a culture and nothing so we thought maybe a yeast infection now I have taken the medicine for that and I was completely without symptoms then me and my husband had sex again and now I'm having itching burning redness and when I look down there I see these like reddish yellow patches on my labia?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable sending pictures

No problem . Thank you for the clarification

It looks like from your history that you have inflammatory folliculitis which is common after friction and sexual contact.

you should apply a mixture of 1 % Hydrocortisone cream along with Canestan cream on the area twice a day for 10 days . This would help in reducing the irritation and inflammation and the yellow patches of fungal infection.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

You can clean the area with local cetaphil cleansing lotion twice a day .You can take oral claritine tablet for the itching when required