OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Im concern due to a I been bleeding almost a month with my…

Customer Question
Im concern due to...

Im concern due to a I been bleeding almost a month with my period. It normally is not like that. I’m also having some little pain and discomfort like cramps.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I have some pain. And my periods are not very regular but never been this long and bleeding

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age?

Any other known medical illness?

I’m 40 and this is happening 1 month after having a laser liposuction in my abdomen

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having bleeding almost a month with your period along with some pain can be due to various causes.

A prolonged period is one that lasts longer than 7 days.It can be due to varied number of causes.

The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

Stress/anxiety is one of the most common cause that disturbs the female menstrual cycle.

This does not seem to be related to laser liposuctionyou had in your abdomen.

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your gynecologist for the clinical examination & tests to find out the root cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

I am sorry.Phone call is not available at this moment.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am still waiting for your reply.

If you have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor