OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Will my hip replacement stop me from carrying children full…

Customer Question
Will my hip replacement...

Will my hip replacement stop me from carrying children full term, I recently had a miscarriage and want to know if it will affect me

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Track the miscarriage or the replacement?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Im 31 I don't smoke I've had two ceramic on ceramic hip replacements

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 4 months ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

Your hip replacements should not affect your ability to get pregnant, carry and deliver a child. The hip replacements also should have no affect on whether or not you have a miscarriage.

Miscarriages are very common, occurring in more than 15% of all pregnancies. Most of the time it's just bad luck. Hopefully your next pregnancy will be completely successful. Good luck!

Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN