OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I took the morning after pill 3 weeks ago and bled 5 days…

Customer Question
Hi so I took...

Hi so I took the morning after pill 3 weeks ago and bled 5 days after but my period is due today and did the bleeding mean the pill worked

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I have

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Could I still get pregnant even if I bled after taking it

Morning after pill is hormone which shakes up body hormones. Due to it there can be bleeding and some change in the period cycle. The morning after pill has a very high efficacy of preventing pregnancy. Pill works in around 98% cases.

Since you had bleeding, it means it changed, body hormonal milieu, so efficacy is very likely.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Could I still get pregnant tho even with the bleed

No. Chance is almost zero.

It is privilege assisting you.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor