OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was operated 5yrs. ago and my uterus and right fallopian…

Customer Question
Hi! this is Emely...

Hi! this is Emely. I was operated 5yrs. ago and my uterus and right fallopian tube were taken out so I didn't have my menstruation but why is it that within this past 8 days there is a bit of spotting in my underwear brownish in color. I feel worried about this. Can you give me an explanation on this.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No. I don't have a period anymore after my uterus was removed but how come that I have this?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Right fallopian tube was removed 8 yrs.ago and my uterus was 5 yrs. ago

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. How was the uterus removed? Did they leave the cervix? How old are you?
Only the uterus was removed . Cervix is still there.
there can be bleeding and spotting from the cervix ot the lower uterine segment. You will need to see a gyn for a pap and exam
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD