OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My vagina is sore. Right at the top of my lips it burns. It…

Customer Question
Hi. My vagina is...

Hi. My vagina is sore. Right at the top of my lips it burns. It even hurts sitting down. I don't have discharge, but I have this problem between periods. When my period starts, the burn goes away. When it stops, it starts again

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes. It's been happening for the last 3 months. 2 weeks after my period ends. The last two months I even used treatment for yeast infection but the cream that comes with it made it itch something bad. I'm using A&D ointment now, that is the only thing that helps, till I go to the bathroom and have to wipe

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so. Besides heavy and painful periods

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you notice any pustules or blisters in the area now or ever?

Is there any major swelling that you ever notice?

Any discomfort during intercourse?

My lips feel swollen to me and and right at the top it's a little red and a feel tiny bumps. Sex is uncomfortable because when he sweats, the moisture makes it start to burn

If you are comfortable you can upload an image of the area that seems red and swollen to you and if there are bumps then I'd want to make sure they aren't genital herpes though from your description it's less likely that.

The more likely suspect here would be either an allergic reaction that you're getting which would be hormonally controlled as the external vaginal tissue becomes more sensitive with your period and then whatever comes into contact with the area makes it more sensitive and irritated.

And the other possibility would be endometriosis which can cause this sensation you're talking about.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD