OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I was diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosus atrophicus a couple of…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with...

I was diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosus atrophicus a couple of years ago. Looing for a homeopathic remedy/cure and a good doctor to help with the issue.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Just my gynecologist - who diagnosed. I am taking nothing for it because I don't want to take steroids, etc. Was hoping I can work with a DR. homeopathically, if possible but need an GYN that practices as such.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

56 years old, a little over weight but nothing horrible

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. There are no homeopathic treatments that will reverse the skin changes of LS. If untreated LS can progress to cancer of the vulva. The correct treatment is a high potency steroid ointment Called clobetosol twice a day for 6 weeks then 2-3 times a week for maintenance. Not treating the condition allow it to progress and for malignant skin changes to develop. The days in between therapy, you should apply aquaphor.
Have you every heard of MonaLisa Touch? If so, do you have any thoughts or concerns?
This is a laser treatment for vaginal atrophy. It does not treat LS which is a chronic vulvar skin condition
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD