OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have been taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 for awhile now. Back in…

Customer Question
I have been taking Blisovi...
I have been taking Blisovi Fe 1/20 for awhile now. Back in May, I attended a wedding. The evening of the wedding I missed my pill and had intercourse. I took the pill as soon as I arrived home (10am). I did get sick. I then took Plan B around 2pm-3pm. I have had light periods with blood (red as well as dark) with clots/tissue occasionally. I have had mild headaches, no weight gain, and I am always constipated anyways. If, I was pregnant I would be almost 28 weeks. I do not show and I am on my brown pills prior to the white pill week. I am spotting again. I am having a difficult time sleeping. I keep thinking I am feeling flutters. Is this all over analyzing or should I take a pregnancy test?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

It is extremely unlikely that you are pregnant .

A pregnant woman would not get get regular periods ,not even light periods. And since you are have passed blood clots and tissue occasionaly, the chances of a pregnancy is practically nil.

Also, since you took the missed pill within 24 hours of the last pill, you were protected at that time and would not get pregnant.

You can take the pregnancy test if you wish to help decrease your tension and to relax you. But, I do not think you are pregnant. The flutters you feel and the difficulty in sleeping are probably a result of stress.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

I am on the week before my white pills (when period occurs) and now have brown discharge with bright red bleeding. Is this normal?
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Yes, this is normal - you have a period. This indicates that you are not pregnant.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am now on the brown pills (the week that I should be having my period) and there is no sign of blood. The last week of my white pills I did have brown discharge and bright red. Do I need to take a pregnancy test?

If you do not get a period by the time, you finish the brown pills (the week that I should be having my period), then yes, it will be better to get a pregnancy test.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took a pregnancy test and it said not pregnant. Should I repeat in the morning? The last time I had any sexual active was 29 weeks ago. If I stick a tampon in then blood comes out, but there is no flow.

If you had sex 29 weeks ago and the pregnancy test is negative, then you are not pregnant. A pregnancy test will come positive by the 16th day after sexual intercourse.

It is likely that the lack of periods is due to a hormonal imbalance. Please finish this pack of pills and wait for the periods to occur. if it does not, please see a doctor - you may need alternate medicines to stimulate your periods to occur.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took another pregnancy test (Clear Blue Digital) it said not pregnant. I am on my last brown pill and there is no sign of bleeding. Is it possible I missed my period during the brown pills because I missed a white pill and had my period the week prior to the brown pills? I have not had intercourse since 29 weeks ago. I have scheduled a doctor's appointment as well. My upper ribs are sore under my boobs. Is this an issue?

If you bled after the missed pill then yes, that can delay the periods this time. It will also cause a hormonal imbalance.

Please consult a doctor for an examination before you start a new pack.

The upper ribs being sore under your boobs is not related to the missed period.

I hope that helps.

Please click on a positive rating (the 5 stars) to leave feedback and pay me for my time.

Thank you.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor