OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I keep having a discharge after I get my periods and I know…

Customer Question
Hi I keep having...

Hi I keep having a brown discharge after I get my periods and b I know that sometimes it can be normal but it last for weeks.....I was recently diagnose with an ovarian cyst that is 4cm....is it possible that the cyst is draining

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not at all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having brown discharge after periods that lasts for weeks is nothing to worry.

When the products of menstruation aren't completely cleared during a menstrual cycle, this results in brown periods/discharge.This particular color indicates "old blood".

This brown discharge is not due to cyst rupture or cyst bleeding.

Watch your periods for 3 months & if the brown discharge persists,then you need to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then take the treatment.

A brown discharge is usually a blood discharge.Brown vaginal discharge usually occurs when the products of menstruation aren't completely cleared during a menstrual cycle. If the bleeding is quite slight then it takes longer to reach the outside world and turns from red or black to brown in the process.

So there is nothing to worry.

Please wait & watch your periods for next 3 months.Usually this brown discharge stops on its own.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh