OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I slightly pulled on string of my IUD earlier and now 8

Customer Question
hours later I have some...
I slightly pulled on string of my IUD earlier and now 8 hours later I have some bad cramping.
Am I ok?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I check and I don't feel anything except the strings. It's just a constant cramp. I have had my IDU mirena for 3 years. It's like a burning cramp sensation, constant.
12/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 8 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hi, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D., obgyn and I can respond shortly.
You must have dislodged the Mirena iud to be having the cramping you describe. It could be inside of the canal of your cervix. I suggest you choose to make an appointment with your gyn provider and use additional contraception until then. I hope my information has been satisfactory.
What’s happened since my response?
I just pulled it out.
Did that stop the cramping?
yup all good!
Ok. Thanks again for using Justanswer and I’d appreciate your evaluation of my response