OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I slightly pulled on string of my IUD earlier and now 8

Customer Question
hours later I have some...
I slightly pulled on string of my IUD earlier and now 8 hours later I have some bad cramping.
Am I ok?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I check and I don't feel anything except the strings. It's just a constant cramp. I have had my IDU mirena for 3 years. It's like a burning cramp sensation, constant.
12/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 5 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hi, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D., obgyn and I can respond shortly.
You must have dislodged the Mirena iud to be having the cramping you describe. It could be inside of the canal of your cervix. I suggest you choose to make an appointment with your gyn provider and use additional contraception until then. I hope my information has been satisfactory.
What’s happened since my response?
I just pulled it out.
Did that stop the cramping?
yup all good!
Ok. Thanks again for using Justanswer and I’d appreciate your evaluation of my response
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN