OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am having trouble with prolapse - what are the options for…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with prolapse - what are the options for remedy

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No - I have had it for many years - but no problems - in the last few days the organ has started to protrude - I had a gynecologist but he retired while I was in Europe and I haven't had a chance to get someone else

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

N0

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/15/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you are having of trouble with prolapse is called uterine prolapse. It is falling or sliding of the uterus from its normal position in the pelvic cavity into the vaginal canal.It occurs when pelvic floor muscles and ligaments stretch and weaken, providing inadequate support for the uterus. This leads to descend of uterus into the vaginal canal.

Following is recommended for you now:

• A pessary (a plastic ring) may be placed within the vagina to support the pelvic organs.
  • Performing pelvic floor exercises on a daily basis to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor is recommended.

So I advise you to consult your doctor/gynecologist for these treatments accordingly.

Thank you.
Hope this helped
If you have any further question then you can ask me.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor