OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Medicine for yeast infection which worked amazing in for…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is Safiya.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes. Medicine for yeast infection which worked amazing in for about a week. I have been struggling with tears inside my vagina lips but mostly on the skin inbetweeen my vagina opening and butthole...sorry if this is kinda gross

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

My health has been up and down because I wasn’t able to keep a steady diet or keep myself well nourished in the years 2015-16 because of financial issues

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My mother and gran have fibroids

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/15/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.The tears/cuts on the perineum(skin between the vagina and anus)would also be secondary to the yeast infection.A course of oral antibiotics like Ketoconazole/Terbinafine for around 10-14 days should help clear this up.You may need an oral antibiotic like Doxycycline if there is bacterial overgrowth in the area.Your doctor/Gynaecologist can examine you and decide that.Keeping the area dry, using cotton undergarments will help prevent recurrence.Any underlying health problem which reduces your immunity will also need therapy.Ruling out herpes and similar STDs is prudent.

I have been the my obgyn, we have ruled out that my infection returned but the problems I have with tears and rashes still occur. My boyfriend has also mentioned that something like rugae inside my vagina, closer to my vaginal opening is rough and scrapes him during intercourse. He says the rough patch is always there but depending on how lubricated I am i doesn’t hurt him. (This patch usual results in cuts and scratches on his penis head and rashes for the both of us usually follow after intercourse as well.
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Tears and rashes occur in the perineum when it is dry. And dryness can occur after a yeast infection even when the actual infection has cleared. Keeping the area well moisturized will usually help the cuts to heal within about 5-7 days. If the tears and rashes continue after that period, it is because there is secondary bacterial infection inside the cuts. Please apply a Triple Antibiotic ointment, available without a prescription on the perineum to heal the cuts.

A rough patch inside the vagina can occur due to thickening of the vaginal mucosa - either due to simple causes like infections or due to more serious causes like lichen planus or dysplasia. Infections usually do not cause roughness which can cause cuts on the penis. In any case, please consult a gynecologist to check out this patch.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you.