OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have I I have a general? Can you get an STF from oral sex?

Customer Question
I have I I...

I have I I have a general ? Can you get an STF from oral sex?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Excellent. I am disease free and want to stay that way. Newly divorced.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes and high blood pressure.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/14/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

There are few STDs which can be transmitted by oral sex:

chlamydia,

gonorrhea, and

syphilis.

HPV and Herpes simplex too can be transmitted by it.

HIV is highly uncommon to be transmitted by oral sex.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I also high controlled high cholesterol.

High cholesterol and hypertension do not matter too much in transmission.

But if the diabetes is not controlled properly; one may have slightly lowered boy immunity or body resistance.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thanks my A1C is 5.5 so I am on target. Besides using condoms, is there any additional safety measures when introduced to a new partner?

You are very welcome.

Your diabetes is very well controlled.

Condom or dental dam are best to prevent transmission.

Not sure what a dental dam is?

You can get the dental dam at any pharmacy or health store..

These are worn on teeth and gums.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor