OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

What could be the cause of a bad vaginal odour. Could it be…

Customer Question
Hello. What could be...

Hello. What could be the cause of a bad vaginal odour. Could it be the implant??

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I haven't done a pap smear before

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I just placed an implant under my left arm about afew months ago.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I was having alot of spotting in the first two months after i placed the implant but it has now stopped abit.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well the commonest cause of bad vaginal odour is altered vaginal pH from infections such as bacterial vaginosis & trichomoniasis .

These are treatable causes and its adviseable that you get vaginal swab test to be sure on this. Treatment includes course with metronidazole . Use of vaginal probiotic supplements can also be very helpful with disagreeable vaginal odour.

Its unlikely to be a result of implant

You may use RePhresh odour eliminating gel for this.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.

you advise I see a doctor for a vaginal swab test and also get the rephresh odour eliminating gel?

Yes exactly

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor