OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My vagina is dry and itchy for two weeks now. I was also…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, my vagina...
Second opinion] Hi, my vagina is dry and itchy for two weeks now. I was also raped by this person that used a condom but when I went to the bathroom I found the condom in my underwear and it had a hole to the top of the condom. I use escitalopram 20 mg for anxiet and depressions since July. When I touch my vagina I feel tenderness around it and inside the vagina. There is also small yellow? Bumps around and inside the vagina. Please help me I have attached two pictures feel free to zoom in it might not be clear
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
21 age, no previous yeast infection
I use olive oil for the itchiness and dryness
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Thank you for the images you uploaded. Was the rape a recent event? Also, have you done a pregnancy test to make sure you aren't pregnant?

it was recent and I got my period after

If you have had your period then hopefully the risk of pregnancy is low.

As for the images you uploaded, those are normal vaginal papillae and not any signs of an STD or infection otherwise.

How could I stop the dryness and itchness it really uncomfortable

There are personal vaginal hydrating lotions that you can use to help with that. Most likely it's from the rape where the tissue in the vaginal area was irritated. Femme Care is one such product but there are others as well. It's better than olive oil or other home remedies.

I read that papillae is rare among young females like me. Also I used to never have dry vagina and all this itchiness and dryness started after the rape. I don’t produce mucus on my vigina anymore it’s always dry

Papillae are generally only found in younger women. Your information source is likely incorrect. We rarely see it in women over age 40.

It's possible that you have a yeast infection from the intercourse but generally that would present with discharge and redness. From the image I cannot see anything like that. If you are having discharge it would be good to get tested.

You said the rape was recent so the lack of mucous production is likely related to that and some of the itching and dryness is likely related.

I got a recent opinion and the doctor said it was Genital warts..

Do you have any particular questions for me regarding that diagnosis?