OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My vagina is dry and itchy for two weeks now. I was also…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, my vagina...
Second opinion] Hi, my vagina is dry and itchy for two weeks now. I was also raped by this person that used a condom but when I went to the bathroom I found the condom in my underwear and it had a hole to the top of the condom. I use escitalopram 20 mg for anxiet and depressions since July. When I touch my vagina I feel tenderness around it and inside the vagina. There is also small yellow? Bumps around and inside the vagina. Please help me I have attached two pictures feel free to zoom in it might not be clear
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I’m 21 , no previous yeast infection
12/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 months ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

It's always difficult to tell much from photos. It looks like you might have vaginal warts, but it would require an in person exam to really tell.

Even if it were genital warts, they don't usually cause a dry, itchy feeling. That might be from a yeast infection, which might be more likely just from the trauma of the rape.

For the dry, itchy feeling, you could try an over the counter yeast medication. But it would really be best that you see a doctor. STD testing could be done, yeast checked for, and if you do have genital warts (usually easy to tell in person), then they can be treated. Best wishes.

What is Genital warts and is it curable ?

Genital warts are warts in the genital area caused by a virus. They can usually be treated easily with various methods in the doctor's office. We can't really cure the virus, but we can successfully treat the warts.

Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN