OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My vagina is dry and itchy for two weeks now. I was also…

Customer Question
Hi, my vagina is dry...
Hi, my vagina is dry and itchy for two weeks now. I was also raped by this person that used a condom but when I went to the bathroom I found the condom in my underwear and it had a hole to the top of the condom. I use escitalopram 20 mg for anxiet and depressions since July. When I touch my vagina I feel tenderness around it and inside the vagina. There is also small yellow? Bumps around and inside the vagina. Please help me I have attached two pictures feel free to zoom in it might not be clear
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I am 21 no previous year infection or foul order
I use olive oil to help with itchiness and dryness
12/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

The images suggest that you have developed a fungal infection. A fungal infection will cause dryness and itching but no foul odor. The small yellow bumps that you see are enlarged glands due to the inflammation.

While Olive oil will decrease the dryness, it will not have any affect on the infection.

Fungal infection is not caused by sexual intercourse. But stress from the rape can lower the body's resistance to infection. It can also cause changes to the vaginal ph which in turn causes flare up of fungal infection.

In your case, it is likely that the depression and stress has led to a low immunity and left you at risk for a fungal infection.

Please take Monistat - available without a prescription at any medical store. This will be effective in clearing up the infection.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor