OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Last week ago I had rough sex with a partner and I wasn't…

Customer Question
Heya, last week ago...

Heya, last week ago I had rough sex with a partner and I wasn't lubricated enough and it felt really painful as he entered into me (including on labia as that was getting pushed in). We have had sex almost daily since then even though it was causing me pain we just used a lubricant. Since then I have been itching and burning down there and my right labia is quite swollen and I have about 4 red bumps on labia and a few near. vaginal entrance. I also had quite an excessive amount of vaginal discharge with a distinct odour for 2 days but that has now disappeared. I have never had an STD before and my friend is also clean. I saw my GP and she said it could be herpes but I'm hoping it is just damage from rough sex. Do you have any ideas?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries apart from the rough sex, and the swelling has become more obvious the past 3-4 days. Its unbearable 24/7 I'm even waking in my sleep because of this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/12/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

OK

I need to clarify. I am not sure what your question is.

As we don't diagnose or treat, and only answer questions, it helps if you are specific. For example, it is clear you doubt your doctor's diagnosis, is this what you are asking about?

I doubt there diagnosis and was wondering if you have any other ideas other than herpes of what it could be, or can friction cause blisters and pain like this?

Of course friction can cause blisters.

So can herpes.

Blisters from friction would not persist, with abstension.

Unfortunately, herpes would clear up after a week or so on its own two.

Herpes has a characteristic appearance, it starts as blisters that break open and form painful ulceration.

The only way to know is to swab a blister for the lab, which is what your doctor should have done, unless he is quite certain by inspection that this is herpetic. Even so, I would have swabbed it.

Certain staph infection can cause blisters, that is how they spread.

Allergic reactions [contact dermatitis] can do it as well.

I think this is a pretty comprehensive list of the common causes.

OK, let me know if you have more questions or information. I am here for follow up as needed.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, and this is most important for continued service, a 5 rating squares me with JustAnswer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.