OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I missed two pills in a row and took them yesterday then…

Customer Question
I missed two pills...

I missed two pills in a row and took them yesterday then went and got plan b as they were pills in the first week of my pack and i had had sex within the time i forgot to take them, i still have to take the pill i was supposed to take yesterday, it seems weird to put so many hormones in my body at once. how should i proceed with my BC pack?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Healthy, yes but i've been on birth control for 5 years

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
birth control pills
12/11/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

To provide effective past and continued contraception you should take your next contraceptive pill within 12 hours of taking the emergency pill. After this, you can continue taking your regular contraceptive pill as normal. This is the recommended course of action. For added protection, you should avoid unprotected sex for the next 7 days and should use additional contraception, such as condoms.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor