OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

For a weeks eveeytime i go poop it feels like shards of

Customer Question
For a weeks eveeytime...

For a weeks eveeytime i go poop it feels like shards of glass and i always bleed and ronight i have noticed i have a lump on my gooch and again i have pooped and the pain is there and i have bleed again

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Everytime i poop qnd then wen am

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Done it goes away sometimes it stays for a lil while but then it goes and when i have to go poop i get the same pain like glass shards

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/9/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

I understand that you are getting this answer very late.
I just came online and and noticed your question.
I am typing the answer and would post it soon.

You have most likely developed an anal fissure.
Severe pain after a bowel movement is typical of an anal fissure.Most of these are expected to heal within few weeks if you can keep your stools soft and avoid constipation or straining.
Initial treatment is by
1.Regular normal bowel movements
2.Treatment of constipation if constipated
3.High fiber diet with lots of water intake
4.Use of soft baby wipes for cleaning
5.Sitz bath that is sitting in warm water several minutes every day.These can be especially helpful if done right after a bowel movement.聽
6.Topical nitrates (Rectiv) and 1% hydrocortisone ointment application along the anal verge may also help decrease the symptoms.A headache can occur after application of topical nitrates.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions.

Do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer, hopefully 5 stars.

If these measures fail Botulinium therapy and Surgery may be considered but in more than half the cases it is expected to heal spontaneously.

See link for more information
http://www.hemorrhoid.net/fissure.php

Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor