OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've had itching, burning (now swelling from scratching

Customer Question
probably ) off and on...
I've had itching, burning (now swelling from scratching probably ) off and on for 10 days. First around the outside of the vagina opening then my clitoris. Kind of back and forth, sometimes both sometimes it calms down. More discharge than normal but clear, not like yeast infection. No smell either
Have had the same sexual partner for year and a half
Lots of itching elsewhere also, shins arms shoulders back. Face also has some red patchy spots, little zits more like tiny blisters.
Most likey reaction to severe stress? Selling house, divorce, self employed business issues. So miserable, what can I do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/8/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

is there any rash associated with itching?

Do you have a history of allergies?

Face, arms shoulders have a few bumps, not sure enough to qualify as rash. Have a couple of similar size bumps around vagina opening also, pin head size approx on all

have you tried taking any oral antihistamines/allergy medications?

Not yet, was thinking of getting benedryl after work

would recommend zyrtec or claritin since both are once a day compared to every 6 hours with the benadryl.
Benadryl can also be sedating as well.

have you tried any vaginal creams as well?

Miconazole nitrate cream hasn't helped much, avacado oil seems to soothe it more

the coconut oil may also help as well.

what dose of the miconazole did you try? The Monistat 1 and Monistat 3 can be irritating at first. Monistat 7 takes longer to treat, but usually less irritating.

Used the topical cream, had yeast infection before, this itches like that but don't have the white lumpy discharge. Tried one dose of 1 day the first day this started (10 days ago), burned so so bad, didn't help think it made it worse

ok, so would continue the oil and take claritin or zyrtec to help with the itching. If not improved by Monday, then would make appointment with your doctor.

Does that help answer your question?

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.