OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Does vaginal scarring from child abuse look different from…

Customer Question
Does vaginal scarring from...

Does vaginal scarring from child abuse look different from that from childbirth?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

2 yrs ago, and only once, which turned out to be testing error

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had 2 children, I have been told that I have scarring, I told both dr's it must have been from child birth, one just shut up, and the other said he didn't think so, but I never [pursued it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/8/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Vaginal scarring would be the same irrespective of the cause so it is very difficult to differentiate the cause. Since you have two children it is most likely from child birth or use of instruments during delivery.

sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.