OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a paragard IUD inserted in March of this year. Last…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a paragard IUD inserted in March of this year. Last night while I was getting into bed I felt a big gush coming from my vagina and it was blood so I assumed my period was a week early (supposed tok colme on the 16th) but since last night there has been no more blood. I was wondering if there was anything I should be worried about or if I should go to the doctors.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I have had on and of light cramping, and my periods are about 28 days apart usually but very heavy.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

When I was about 19 my doctors thought I could have endometriosis because of very bad cramping to the point I couldn't walk, but I was put on birth control and ended up becoming pregnant. I've also had 2 pregnancies carried to term.

12/6/2017
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it sounds like you had one day of unexpected bleeding which was not your period.

this could have been from uterine irritation from the IUD or from a uterine fibroid

I would not worry if it was just one day

if it continues to repeat regularly, then you should see your gyn doctor

but one day is not too worrisome

let me know if you have questions.

Thank you.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor