OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Brothers girlfriend pregnant was told fetus fell to cervix…

Customer Question
Brothers girlfriend pregnant was told...
Brothers girlfriend pregnant was told fetus fell to cervix and would be able to save baby can a cerclage be done if they can raise baby and put stitch
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/6/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Thank you for the information. Please tell me what the question is that you have and I’m happy to address it.
Can baby be saved if the baby fell in cervix
Chances are that there is a low riding amniotic sac and there isn’t enough cervical volume to support it. What we would do in this case is provide support for the cervix and that could be enough for the pregnancy to go on without a problem.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click the rating button when you're ready.

-Dr. Mo

Please click the rating button when you have a moment.

-Dr. Mo