OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had completed treatment for my first case of genital warts…

Customer Question
I had completed treatment...

I had completed treatment for my first case of genital warts three years ago. I have not had a recurrence for 3 years. Am I still contagious? A Dr Handsfield from ASHA said my immune system cleared the infection and I am no longer contagious. What are your thoughs

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

No my pap has been normal past three times. i did not complete the hpv test yet.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. soon to be married and concerned I will pass it along when i start trying for a baby. we have protected sex at this time.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes, first time. i am a healthy 37 year old femaie

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/6/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 4 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I don't necessarily agree with that. I think you could still be contagious.

You haven't proven to have cleared the infection

You need more time and an HPV test

is this helpful?

have you witnessed an old infection reoccur 5 years down the road and infect their partner? Should my partner have vaccine?

I have seen it yes.

and yes he should get the vaccine

Can the vaccine be given to 40 year old men?

Yes, it can. It is off label and you will need a doctor to agree but yes it can

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor