OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been taking Trivora 28 for the last 6 years and I…

Customer Question
Hi I have been...

Hi I have been taking Trivora 28 for the last 6 years and I have realized I have a beach vacation planned and I am getting my period in the middle of the trip and I really dont want to get it becuase i cannot use tampons! Last night I took my last active pill and tonight i would normally take my first placebo pill and get my period friday! I was going to take my next pack backwards starting tonight! is that the best way to do it?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
my period is supposed to come this friday dec 8th and i was going to skip this one so i dont have to worry if i brake through bleed in january
12/5/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Okay thank you

yes, you can start the new active pills from the next packet of birth control pills

this can help lighten up or even prevent your next period.

still bring some panty liners and pads just in case you have a period

hopefully you won't

let me know if you have questions.

Should I take them backwards or normally

take them normally, first pill of the pack and continue

no placebo pills from the last pack

if you can get your doctor to give you a prescription for Provera 5mg pills, you can also take these if you start to bleed or have some small bleeding to stop your period.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. You would never take the next pack backwards. This is incorrect and may result in pregnancy. You can skip right on to the next pack with no break and can take Trivora continuously through your vacation. Alternatively you can skip just this period. Remember that theres no guarantee of no break though bleeding on the pill , ever
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD