OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My last period was on November 1st, I am 3 days late for…

Customer Question
My last period was...

My last period was on November 1st, I am 3 days late for this period. We have been TTC for a year and a half, so when I took a home PT and it came back positive, I was extatic. But I had my blood drawn and its at 0.2 meaning I'm not pregnant. Is there a possibility that its too early to tell or was it a false positive?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I took Clomid for 9 months, I have endometriosis and PCOS.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/4/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. I'm sorry but if your blood was negative then you are not likely to be pregnant. Sometimes a chemical pregnancy occurs and hcg is detectable at a very low level for a day or two and the pregnancy is then lost, with a late period. I would repeat the urine test tomorrow. A chemical pregnancy though is a good indication that you should eventually become pregnant
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD