OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been on Alesse birth control for at least a year now. I…

Hi there, I've been on Alesse...
Hi there,
I've been on Alesse birth control for at least a year now. I haven't been sexually active in the last month.
Last Thursday I took my pill about 4 hours later than normal (i lost track of time). The next day on Friday I completely forgot to take my pill.
I took the last active pill in the 28 pack last Saturday. I then started the placebo pills on the Sunday.
I noticed that my period started much earlier (on the Sunday) than it normally does during the placebo pill week (normal ly it starts on Tuesday)
Last night I DID have sex, on the last placebo pill day. I started a new pill pack today.
My question is, should I be worried that because I skipped a day on my pill just before getting my period, and because my period started earlier than normal, that that has increased the chances of getting pregnant last night?
As a side note, we DID use a condom just in case last night.
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

There is very very slim chance (almost nil chance) of pregnancy here.

You are taking Alesse birth control for at least a year now. On friday you completely forgot to take your pill. The you took the last active pill in the 28 pack last Saturday.

After taking the last pill- you hormonal levels were maintained & even if your period started earlier then normal- this cannot cause pregnancy.

Further more you have used the condom.

So bot***** *****ne is I can say that this cannot cause pregnancy.

Practically, there is no chance of pregnancy here.

Please do not worry.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am still waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor