OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My wife is having cramping/dull pain in the lower abdomen…

My wife is having...

My wife is having cramping/dull pain in the lower abdomen close to the hip bone area, predominantly on the right side, occasionally on the left. She is now 7 weeks pregnant based on LMP and she is not spotting or bleeding. Is there anything we should be concerned about?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain was about a week/week and a half. food lessens the pain. she would wake up with the pain and it would subside post meals. the pain is coming and going, no consistency about an hour on and 3 hours off

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had one abortion in the past, 2 years this upcoming January

12/3/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

has she had an ultrasound yet?

She has not. We recently found out she was pregnant via pregnancy test. Her appointment is coming up in a week

Ok you need to go to ER and get an ultrasound

you have to make sure it isn't an ectopic

I'm very sorry about making you do this on Sunday but it is important

I'm sorry your wife isn't feeling well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
thank you for your advice