OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a college student and about three weeks ago I started…

Customer Question
Hi, I am a...

Hi, I am a college student and about three weeks ago I started getting a really strange, greenish-yellow discharge with some odor and itch in and around my vagina. At first I thought it was a yeast infection becuase when I would treat it with Monistat, the symptoms would lessen but now they just wont go away. I dont have much money and I dont know how much I would have to pay at a Planned Parenthood.

Doctor's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Okay

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Are you in any pain?

No not really pain, just discomfort, about three weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/3/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having strange, greenish-yellow discharge with some odor and itch in and around your vagina since last 3 weeks is most likely due to infection called bacterial vaginosis.It is caused by a combination of multiple bacteria.It is the most common vaginal infection.

This is different from yeast infection & using monistat have no role in treating this bacterial infection.

It is treatable with antibiotics prescribed by a health care provider.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor for the prescription of oral antibiotics accordingly. This will cure the infection completely.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor