OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Three weeks ago my vagina was swollen and itchy all the way…

Three weeks ago my...

Three weeks ago my vagina was swollen and itchy all the way from my clit to my anus, my Bowles have been irregular, I'm extremely gassy the itchyness and burning are more severe at night and I feel like my anus hurts from pooping so much. My iouter caginal lips are red and swollen.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I had it about 3 weeks ago, it went away after about a week but it just started again.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It started about 4 dads after my last Pap smear that came back normal

12/2/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Are you sexually active?

Is there any vaginal discharge or itching besides the swelling of vagina?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

I am 37 years old, sexually active with my husband there is a little runny discharge yes it is very itchy but mostly at night
Any ideas?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having recurrence of symptoms after 3 weeks of swelling & itching in vagina mostly at night is most likely due to yeast infection.It is one of the most common infection in females.

Another possibility is of bacterial infection called bacterial vaginosis.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Apply ointment monistat vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

· Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral antifungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) and/or oral antibiotics will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit & prescription medications are less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor