OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just started taking represh pills by the mouth n it burns…

Customer Question
I just started taking...

I just started taking represh pills by the mouth n it burns my stomach is that normal but it works

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Just started so I guess the second day

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

First day was fine I keep peeing too a lot

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/1/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, it sounds like that you may have developed inflammation of the lining of the stomach which is known as gastritis or it is also possible that the rephresh pills are causing increased release of acid in the stomach which can lead to these sort of symptoms as well. Now usually this can be countered by either stopping the rephresh pills OR you can continue to use the rephresh pills however you would need to add OTC acid-reducing drugs such as OTC Zantac a dose of 150 mg twice daily or OTC Prilosec at a dose of 10 mg once a day which should be effective in controlling the symptoms.

I would advise that you start with the Prilosec or the Zantac and continue it for a period of 7-10 days which should be able to control your symptoms quite easily.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Hi
Does this product cause weight gain because I have been so hungry too
Hi r u there

Yes i am here, sorry i was called away for a critical patient.

Anyway NO this would NOT cause weight gain at all.

Do you have any more questions?

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor