OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a IUI yesterday morning at 11 am, I did the trigger…

Customer Question
I had a IUI...

I had a IUI yesterday morning at 11 am, I did the trigger shot orvidrel 35 hours prior. The problem is I accidentally started my 200 mg progesterone the morning of my IUI, and I was supposed to start the morning after. Did I really screw this up? I had two nice mature follicles.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/30/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 4 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. It is really unlikely that one dose of progesterone will affect the results of your IUI, especially if your IUI was shortly after taking the progesterone.

What other Qs do you have for me?

cant it stop ovulation?

It might but I do not think it is enough of a dose to do so. It's also possible that you ovulated before even taking the progesterone.

Dr. J
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN