OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

This is a medical advice question.. My mom had a required…

Customer Question
Hi This is a...

Hi This is a medical advice question.. My mom had a required hysterectomy due to a cyst that grew huge and made her bladder 3x the size the procedure took 4 hours. Apparently there were no " issues" they released her the next day and she was in excruciating pain that following night which ended in an er result, which showed her kidney was enlarged and appeared to be clamped. they did not disclose any issues happened in the surgery and so they transferred her to another hospital for immediate tests and resulted in her needing a stent as her ureter was completely cut and all her fluids were going inside her body, which could result in sepsis infection.

Doctor's Assistant: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?

Yesterday she had to return to remove a drain which was in there still to remove any remaining fluids after the episcopal stent placement . during this procedure to REMOVE just the drain. They "accidentally " pulled out the stent altogether

Doctor's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

California

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No lawyers want to take her case and we have not been able to get records as of yet since I am in orange county and she in kern county

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/30/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about what your mother went through

it sounds like there were errors at every turn.

the hysterectomy cut the ureter by accident which is very serious

removing the drain pulled out the ureter stent.

it sounds like you are looking for a lawyer to take on a medical malpractice case

what is your medical advice question for me?

on a medical malpractice case but currently she has been to 3 different hospitals and are now neglecting her treatment at the location she is at and she needs to see her neurologist, Is there anyway or someone who we can speak to directly at the facility who can appoint her the right care and treatment. It seems to me that no one wants to take responsibility and even just give her the care she needs. Should we transfer her to another county for treatment? I am also looking to speak with a lawyer who specializes in medical suits
to see if we have a case or not ?

why does she need to see a neurologist

she needs to see a urologist to get that left ureter stent put back in

or she may need a temporary L nephrostomy tube in the left kidney.

that left ureter needs to be repaired.

the urine in the body can slowly be absorbed.

we have a separate legal section to talk to lawyers.

we are doctors here to answer questions. I don't know what county she is in now.

we usually don't refer patients to facilities. we are here to help answer medical questions.

Okay thank you.

do you have other questions?

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor