OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Last month I had two positive and two negative at home

Customer Question
Last month I had...

Last month I had two positive and two negative at home pregnancy tests so my OBGYN ordered blood tests. My CG level was 0.01 and I was sent to my GP for more tests. Everything is coming back within normal range but I’m still feeling nauseated ALL DAY. Is it possible to be pregnant and the bloodwork not show it?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I’ve been fine. The only other symptoms I’m having are lightheaded and becoming emotional for no reason. I cried while watching a grocery store commercial the other day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had my thyroid removed 11 years ago due to thyroid cancer but all the thyroid panels have come back within normal range too

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/30/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I doubt that this is pregnancy, since false negative pregnancy tests are very rare even with urinary pregnancy tests and in your case, confirmation was done by a blood test for beta hCG. Anything related to pregnancy whether normal or abnormal, the beta hCG is elevated. Since, your hCG levels are not consistent with pregnancy, this is not pregnancy.

Hormonal imbalance however, can not be ruled out. I would suggest that you have your estrogen, progesterone and LH/FSH levels checked. Hormonal imbalances can often cause emotional outbursts.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!