OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

For about a week now. I have had a serious burning in one of…

Customer Question
For about a week now...
For about a week now. I have had a serious burning in one of the minor lips. I just took a look at it and there is like a lesion that looks like a line and that is what burns. I can send you pictures if needed.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you have a picture of this lesion that you could upload here?

You can do so by clicking on the attachment icon.

Has it gotten worse during this week or improved?

If you notice there is like a round like lesion near the vagina.

Yes, I can see that well on the images you uploaded.

They don't appear to be genital herpes or a cut.

I would suspect either a chancre or chancroid. Both of which are often STD's and so it would be good to have an STD test done. Both are quite easily treatable as well which is the good news.

Is there any pain there at all?

Have you had a new recent sexual partner?

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified