OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a loud pop in my abdomen while straining on the toilet…

Customer Question
I had a loud pop...
I had a loud pop in my abdomen while straining on the toilet and am prescribed birth control which I did not stop taking. I have been having medical issues since such as my heart rate staying at 150 when I'm calm as can be from anxiety meds. In addition my body has been filling up with gas to the point where my belly button is so stretched, I can feel all the way down and can feel my organs swelling over the bottom of my rib cage to create a lip. Also it feels as though my veins all collapse onto my bones and the muscles going from my ears to my throat swell and create in and out ringing along with difficulty swallowing and minor difficulty breathing. I am certain it is at least partially gas because I felt an air bubble travel from my crotch all the way up to my left breast and then pop. In addition, I have had a gelatinous substance collect multiple times which dissipates If i push down on it with the same feeling as a large cyst pushing out puss that folds. If I angle myself with my legs up when this swelling happens, a collection a very hot liquid will accumulate and even the slightest touch will feel like my legs r filled with tiny cactus needles. Wherever the hot liquid is that makes everything giggle to the slightest movement when there is normal barely any giggle if at all, the other areas will feel ice cold. I have been to the hospital twice for this issue and everytime they wrote it off as anxiety and just gave me an iv or oxygen, but the issue has been getting worse everytime and the most recent time i felt a the substance travel all the way up from my stomach to my left breast and I pushed on it then a few minutes later felt the lumb fall and hit watever was beneath with a hard thud.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I don't kno if this is relevant to this particular situation but I have had a swollen lymph node under both arms, a rash behind both knees, and now have a cough that is neither dry nor wet but painful in my throat since this issue started affecting my pupils and have lost at least 15 pounds without exercising or eating differently In the last month.
Oh and I've had this issue since the end of September I believe but did not feel the first lump that dissipated when pushed until October and then a few weeks later was the first time I swelled up like a balloon and my body tried to bend backwards when I laid down flat for too long.
Also my blood and urine samples were normal aside from anemia, raynauds syndrome, and cmt and the only thing the hospitals checked both visits was my blood and urine
Oh I almost forgot to mention that the veins compressing flat is generally triggered by a change in my breathing and then the swelling slowly increases from there
Eveytime I said left I had meant right ��
11/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked? high thyroid hormone levels can cause fast heart rate and increased anxiety symptoms.

what anti-anxiety medications are you taking now?

Lorazepam and no I haven't but would thyroid really make me swell?

bad anxiety can cause your throat to feel tight.

gas in your bowels, your diet, drinking soda, eating gluten and wheat products, milk can cause swelling in our abdomen.

eating too much salt can cause fluid retention and swelling.

you should ask your doctor to check your thyroid hormone levels.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com