OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small ball growth at the entrance of my vagina.

I have a small...

I have a small ball growth at the entrance of my vagina

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Good . I went to the doc around september to treat a really bad yeast infection . was tested for herpes but it was really bad vaginitis

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No i think thats it

11/29/2017
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for the question. May I ask for a few more details please?

- How large is the growth - like a marble, smaller, larger?

- Is it painful when you press on it?

- What colour is it - similar the vaginal mucosa, reddish, or more pale?

- Is it under the skin near the vagina or just at the entrance or deeper inside?

the growth is smaller than a marble.No pain . There was white growth there that was flat. That changed after a time and it balled up. The growth has some white growth on it.It is not inside it. It is right under the vagina hole

As per your description, you could have any one of the following conditions:

1. Vaginal cyst - There are a number of small glands inside the vagina. Sometimes, the duct of a gland can get blocked, and the secretions inside the gland can collect to form a small cyst. Since you have had a bad vaginal infection earlier, this could be the likely ause of the growth.

2. Bartholin's cyst - the bartholins gland is present on either side of the vaginal opening and can swell up after an infection.

3. Genital wart - A genital wart is usually not ball like. But since it was flat earlier, there is a small chance that this is a wart.

Please consult an Obgyn for an examination. Treatment will vary depending on the cause.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

ok . looks nothing like warts thou. But ok

Chances of this being a simple vaginal cyst is very high. Treatment by applying hot moist packs may help open up the duct and drain the cyst.

I hope this helps.

Do you know any over the counter treatment for genital warts or home remedies

Genital warts can be removed by ointments like imiquad - this is a prescription only medicine.

There has been reports that application of Tea tree oil and green tea is effective in removing warts.

There are a number of wart removers available in the market, but these are for warts on the skin and not for the genital area. The genital area is very soft and no wrt removal medicine should be used unless the wart has been seen by a doctor.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor