OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My wife had two positive pregnancy tests in the same day two…

My wife had two positive...
My wife had two positive pregnancy tests in the same day two days ago. Today, she had two negative tests. Same brand each time. She is four days late, and has multiple physical signs of pregnancy. Could everything be fine, or is this most likely a chemical pregnancy?
11/29/2017
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

History of irregular periods?

When was her last menstrual period?

History of unprotected sex and when if she remembers?

Is she taking any medications?

What are her current symptoms?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Her periods are like clockwork, always on time.Last menstrual period started the 26th of October.Unprotected sex on the 14th and 15th.No medications.Breast tenderness, morning sickness, headaches, general aches with no real reason for them, general tiredness.She has had one other child, 7 years ago.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, I would recommend doing repeat urine pregnancy test after 3 days with morning urine sample.

Other prompt screenings of pregnancy include Blood pregnancy test and Ultrasound which you can consider now.

A chemical pregnancy don't show such symptoms.

So chances of pregnancy are present.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr Anil Kumar
Thank you very much, I’ve got renewed hope when I thought for sure there was none!

I wish for her good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil