OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am an 18 year old female I'm a and I haven't had my period…

Customer Question
Hi, I am an...

Hi, I am an 18 year old female I'm a virgin and I haven't had my period for 3 full months. Prior to this I had my period regularly on a full 7 day schedule and was usually heavy all throughout the week. I have been extremely tired as of late 24/7 but other than that I feel relatively fine. In the 2nd month I did get really sick out of nowhere and had symptoms of a stomach virus or food poisoning, since I don't no what caused it I'm not sure whether or not its related. Knowing all this, I was wondering if I should go to the doctor or a hospital and if this could be a serious problem. I have also never had a pap smear because I was told I had to be sexually active, is that true? Don't know if this matters but I also have untreated anemia, I was told by a doctor when trying to give blood but I never went to the doctors for a follow-up for medication.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Before this my period was extremely regular and no I am not in any pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have untreated anemia ( found out while trying to give blood but I didn't go get treated after) and in the second month I got really sick showing symptoms if a stomach virus or food poisoning

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks