OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question, I had a encounter two days ago where I…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a question, I had a sexual encounter two days ago where I had anal sex and I bottomed. The condom only fit half way on the tops penis and he only inserted it a few times. I don't believe there was any fluids and the inerstion was brief but I am paranoid because we didn't use lube. I had started truvada for prep treatments 2 days before this encounter but took the dosage at separate times. I am wondering if this is a high risk situation where I need to start pep. I have done pep before but I am nervous I have to start again.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

This is my first time and my health is good

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
This was between two males
11/28/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and i am here to help you today. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Your encounter was not a high risk. Even if the condom was fit half way, it was sufficient to provide you the cover. There was no exchange of fluids so there is no risk involved. You don't need to start anything due to this encounter. Please don't stress yourself. The risk involved in this encounter was zero. I wish you a happy and healthy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less than that, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards
Say there was a tiny amount of fluid and I didn't notice would they're be an issue. Would being on truvada for the two days have improved my chances of protection?
definitely if you were on the drug then it was extra protection. The chance of getting HIV from such minimal fluid is still zero. Even if it was unprotected sex, the chance us just 0.5 percent out of 100 so with a condom on, the chance goes to zero. I reassure you. I wish you good luck for a happy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less than that, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards