OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been on birth control for sometime now and had

unprotected sex last Tuesday with...
I’ve been on birth control for sometime now and had unprotected sex last Tuesday with my boyfriend. This morning I woke up to find a small amount of brown blood. I’m worried I could be pregnant. I take the pill every single day at the same time. Please help
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

No,this is not a symptom of pregnancy.

You had unprotected sex last tuesday with your boyfriend but as you are taking the birth control pill- this will prevent the pregnancy.

The brown blood you saw on next morning is usually a blood discharge.Brown vaginal discharge usually occurs when the products of menstruation aren't completely cleared during a menstrual cycle. If the bleeding is quite slight then it takes longer to reach the outside world and turns from red or black to brown in the process. When the products of menstruation are not completely out.This particular brown color indicates "old blood".

So this brown blood does NOT indicate pregnancy.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

i shouldn’t be concerned that I have some spotting a week after having unprotected sex?

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Birth control pills when taken correctly (as you were taking same time on each day), these are 99.9% effective & prevents pregnancy.

There is very slim chance (almost nil chance) of pregnancy here.

This spotting/brown blood is likely to be due to old blood.

To rule out completely (100%) you can have a pregnancy test.

But again chances of pregnancy here are very slim (almost nil).

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Is there any thing else that you would like o know?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

No thank you. Just want to make sure a weeek after unprotected sex with spotting is ok

Yes,nothing to worry.

Spotting/brown bleeding after 1 week of unprotected sex does not indicate pregnancy.

This does not seem to be due to pregnancy.

This only indicates old blood that turns from red or black to brown in the process. When the products of menstruation are not completely out.This particular brown color indicates "old blood".

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor