OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I thought I just had femine itching and bought some monostat…

Customer Question
I thought I just...

I thought I just had femine itching and bought some monostat cream but it seem to not help and get worse now I just use Aquaphor but I have had shingles twice before but not in that area. I have blister like sore all around that area could it be shingles and what treatment can I do to relieve the pain and itching?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About 1 week. It is better but still noticeable when I put on Aquaphor, worse is if I put on the monostat cream.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Just that I have had shingles twice before, first time on my lower back, second time on my left shoulder area.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/25/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. SH, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Can you please post a picture of the rash so that I could help you out in a better way.

You can post a picture on here by clicking on the "paperclip" icon in the toolbar.

Kindest regards

I cannot get a good picture of it. Sorry. Can describe what I feel down there

Can you please describe it a little more for me if possible.

It feels like raised bumps all around and raw.
I think that could be from me itching it.

It is UNLIKELY for it to be shingles from what you are telling me.

It seems like a rash which could have been worsened by itching.

It could also be allergy to something that your skin was exposed to.

I think that applying 1% hydrocortisone which is available without a prescription three times a day for a week will help with the itching and the rash.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end when you are done.

Kindest regards

What can I do to get relief?

Try using 1% hydrocortisone to get some relief.

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor