OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Juran, Hope all is well Not sure if you recalled my case but…

Customer Question
Hi Dr Juran,Hope all is...
Hi Dr Juran,Hope all is well
Not sure if you recalled my case but I wrote back to you a couple of times as I had a polyp removed and they found that I had atypical cells. i was recommended by one doctor to have the iud mirena one for 3 month. After 3 month i did another test and it showed that i had atypical cell in the endometris. I previously sent you all the tests
I then asked you and other doctors for a second opinion
And finally I went and had after 1 week i removed the iud a full D&C and hysteroscopy. This was on the 8th of October. The biopsy results came out to be very clean they didnt even find any atypical cells even they looked at all the sample of the biopsie and not only a part
The doctor now wants me to do another D&C and hysteroscopy in december to make sure its clean and that I can go ahead and have kids.
Im concerned because I had an iud and then it showed atypical and after I didnt have anything and now im concerned that my body will quickly create atypical cellsPlease advise how likely it is that i will have again atypical cells
I am trying to keep my fertility as I want more kids. im 35 years old.Thank you
Kristel
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 6 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi Kristel,

Yes, I remember our conversation.

I'm so glad that your recent D&C in October showed normal cells. This is wonderful. I think sampling again in December to be sure all is well even now that the IUD is out seems reasonable.

It's hard to know what your chance of recurrence is because you (hopefully) will be getting pregnant soon and this will also reduce your chance of recurrence, because the hormones of pregnancy are not the same hormones that cause the atypical cells. In general the chance of recurrence is 25%.

I would say, get pregnant as soon as possible once your doc says it's OK to do so.