OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Tampon usage was never an option for me,always painful and…

Customer Question
Tampon usage was never...

Tampon usage was never an option for me,always painful and didn't know why. But now upon getting married ,my wedding night did not happen because of the pain. I made an appt. And found that I have a very short vagina and extremely low uterus which is also tilted. I go back in 6 myths but the stress and depression of not having sex is eating on me. What can I do? Is this my marriage Help!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain is with the attempt of intercourse . If I stop the pain stops. If he penetrates which has only been once , I am in pain for days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, but now with trying all the time , I now seem to not be able to control my bladder????

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/25/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

How long have you had problems with controlling your bladder and do you feel that this has been a more recent occurrence?

Did you see your gynecologist or was this a visit with a regular doctor who discovered the shallow vaginal issue?

The bladder issue is new and yes I've had a obgyn appt. To confirm

Okay great. And what was the recommendation from the gynecologist?

Often the first step is being able to diagnose the condition and with the vaginal vault being shallow and the low lying cervix it's a good first step.

Most often the next step is that we refer our patient to physical therapists who help with pelvic floor stretching and exercises. These are done either with or without devices to help relax and stretch the muscles in the area. This is done to help with dyspareunia (painful intercourse) and also to help decrease spasms in the area.

It's a very effective way of managing such conditions but you might need 3-6 months of therapy to help this along.

Try to be patient and see if we can stretch it with foreplay and see her in six months, but tht is also painful

I would favor my approach over just waiting and foreplay - that seems a bit daunting.

But how do I overcome the emotional stress and depression this is causing.

Do you feel that if you are actively pursuing methods to help this improve and resolve that you would feel in more control and thus less emotionally stressed and perhaps less depressed regarding the situation?

Don't know? Newly married and just didn't have this problem on my radar. Is vaginal lengthening surgery an option?

There are surgeries that advanced gynecologists do where they lift the uterus. It's an option if you'd feel better about that option.

Is it dangerous?
Thank you

All surgeries have a certain amount of risk and the more experienced the surgeon is the lower your risk. But since it's an elective surgery it has lower risk than most other surgical options.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Dr. Mo

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this that I may address.

Otherwise please click on the rating button when ready.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.
​Dr. Mo

Glad I could help.

Please click on the rating button when ready.

Dr. Mo

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD