OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been menopause for 3 years and stop mentral since. What…

I've been menopause for...

I've been menopause for 3 years and stop mentral since. What does it mean when I am spotting and feeling all the cramps like I'm getting ready to start my period again?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I haven't had one in three years.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only that I have been in menopause for the last three years

11/24/2017
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Any bleeding or any spotting after menopause needs further evaluation with a per vaginal examination and if required an ultrasound scan as well.

You need to make an appointment with your doctor for this.This can be due to a number of reasons some of which are harmless and some can be concerning.

I hope this helps.

Do let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread so that I can be credited for helping you today.

You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.

Thank you.

Best wishes.

medicaldoctor