OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was on a low dose birth control pill Lo Loestrin. My

doctor has prescribed a birth...
I was on a low dose birth control pill Lo Loestrin. My doctor has prescribed a birth control patch. When I finish my pills should I immediately start the patch or wait for my period?
11/24/2017
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. You should not wait for a period. If you are normally off the pill 7 days and then start a new pack, you should be off the pill 7 days and then start the patch. If you do not normally take a break while on the pills just start the patch
This is my first time using the pills and now I have been prescribed the patch so do I just start the next day on the patch when I run out of pills? Will i still get my cycle?
you just start the next day. You may not get a cycle
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD