OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Im 27 years old and would like to ask if it is possible to…

Customer Question
Hi , im 27...

Hi , im 27 years old and would like to ask if it is possible to have suction abortion without breaking my hymen . this is my first time .

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

18 oct

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/23/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 7 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr. Ted Manos M.D., obgyn, cans respond shortly.
The hymen partially covers the opening of the vagina. Generally, the opening is shaped like a half-moon and any type of penetration can stretch the hymen tissue without tearing. Your question about suction termination of an early pregnancy can be accomplished without damaging the hymenal tissue. Your question needs to be asked of the practioner performing the procedure. Thanks again for using Justanswer.