OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Iam trying to have a baby. Last pap smear was 12/2016 I had…

Customer Question
Hello yes iam trying...

Hello yes iam trying to have a baby

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

Last pap smear was 12/2016 I had gotten pregnant in feb 2017 but the baby heart stop in may had to do a D&c

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Been trying to have a baby since the m/c in may & right now im on my period & me & my husband is trying to have a baby

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/22/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage in the recent past. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. How may I be of assistance today?

Hi yes I’m trying to have a baby since the m/c how ever i Dont. Know what else to do iam currently on my period now it’s last normally 3-4days but we are trying to have a baby what else to do
Am i irregular or what

If you are on your period right now, then once it finishes after the usual 3-4 days, your next ovulation cycle should begin. Somewhere mid-cycle is when the egg is released, so if your normal periods came every 28 days, then on or around day 14 is when the egg is released. When was your miscarriage and d&c? How many periods have you had since then?

OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

have you asked for a new expert to help you?

have you tried to use a home ovulation kit to help you find out when you are ovulating?

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor