OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I hope you can help me and my friend. My friend is the guy…

Customer Question
Hi I hope you...

Hi I hope you can help me and my friend. My friend is the guy and he wants to see the possibility of him being the father of a girl whom he had sexual intercourse with. He said he had intercourse with the girl around June 18,19 or 20 he is not sure of the exact date but he's sure around that time they are not communicating anymore but he saw an ultrasound of the from another friend and it says there from last check up of the girl which was on Nov.18. It says there GA/LMP: 23w5d EDD/LMP: 03-12-18 it also says AUA: 25w2d and EDD/AUA: 03-01-18. We're confused what those figure means and please help us by explaining the possibility of him being the father with that result on the exam as the girl is not cooperating. Please help! Thanks

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Hi that is aquestion for my friend, I'm just helping a friend which is the guy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No those are the result we saw on the exam of tbe girl

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
this is the exam result of the girl from her check up on Nov.18
My guy friend just want to know if there's a possibility that he's not the father.
11/22/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Thank you! we are really confuse on the result of the exam or the ultrasound as we know that ultrasound is much more accurate so we have feeling he's not the father. But to make sure I decided to go to this site and seek for professionals and send the exam result of the girl from her exam on the 18th of Nov. Please see the attached file of the check up/exam result I sent earlier too. Thank you

Please allow me just few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Thank you! I will wait and hopefully we get answer and explanation. Thank you!
This is other UTZ done on the Nov 18 as well and other infos. Please see attached files. Thanks
I hope those attached files will help with determination for the possibility of my friend being the father or not. With the dates given for their intercourse and with those files for the exam result of the girls checkp up and ultrasound this Nov 18.
U

These calculations are based on LMP as told by patient.

GA= Gestation Age /LMP= Last Menstrual Period= 23 weeks 5 days.

Expected Date of Delivery as per Last Menstrual period is 3-12-2018

Means based upon the Last Menstrual Period the gestation age of fetus is 23 weeks and 5 days on Nov 18.

Now the ultrasound machine calculates the Gestation age based upon fetal Biometry.

Ga(aua) average ultrasound age based on ultrasound measurements.

GA (AUA)-- 25 Weeks 2 Days, +/- 15 Days

Expected Date of Delivery is 03-01-2018

EFW is Expected Fetal Weight.

LMP mentioned on ultrasound is 06-05-2017

Sex for getting pregnant:

From: 06/14/2017 To: 06/19/2017

Based Upon LMP.

Basically the ultrasound based gestation age is 25 weeks 2 days but it clearly says that it is +/- 15 days.It is basically a calculation based upon fetal size and is not exact.

So basically if the patient LMP is correct chances are your friend is the father of the baby.

is it 100% sure that he is thefather???
Even if it's not based on LMP? as the difference between LMP and ultrasound is weeks which is big dicrepancies..Because we are thinking about ultrasound being more accurate

Not 100 % sure since we are not sure if the LMP as told by patient is accurate or not.You can check one of the images it clearly says it can be +/- 15 Days.

So basically ultrasound is not meant for paternity purposes and basically this needs a DNA paternity test for 100 % confirmation and if LMP date is accurate i do think he can be father of child.

At first the girl is willing to cooperate for DNA but later on when she was asked again, she's refusing and saying that she will just raise the kid by herself and doesn't want anything to do with my guy friend.
it means if it's the real LMP of the girl there's no way that my friend will not be the father with the chances on the ultrasound? is it only based on LMP you mean?

I mean if the LMP is correct chances of your friend being father are higher and DNA test is 100 %.

DNA testing may be required after birth of baby to confirm paternity.

Ultrasound is not meant for diagnosing paternity.In practice we see the measurements can be inaccurate and ultrasound can't be used as a tool to determine paternity.

No I mean with the ultrasound of the image of the size of the fetus if that can give idea of the age of the fetus if LMP is unsure..so we can relate it to the date they had intercourse. Sorry if I have a lot of questions

But in practice we see that baby is not born on exact dates as told by ultrasound.

Each baby is different and ultrasound estimation of gestation age is not 100% accurate.

Ultrasound of image of the size of fetus gives a idea of gestation age and can be off mark by 2 weeks.

So basically GA(AUA) of 25weeks 2 days can be off by +/-15 days.

Means the GA(LMP) can be correct.

Oh I see..thank you!

Thank you.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.